May 5, 2013: Strawberry Success

Well, though I had to stay up quite late to wait for the sanitize cycle to complete, I was finally able to get the strawberries on the boil and then canned. End total is 5 8oz jars, 2 pint jars and a not-quite-full 4 oz jar. It’s a little thin, but that probably means the pectin was a little short for the volume – seeing as I ended up with way more than the expected 64oz of end-product. Ended up with more like 75…

I noticed, once the canning was done and the jars sitting on the counter, that one of my lids said, “Used”. I have purposely marked lids once used so that I don’t reuse them. I even checked, but apparently not well enough. So that one was stuck in the refrigerator to be used; about twenty minutes later I pulled it out, popped the seal and had a delicious piece of toast. The stuff is quite sweet!

Advertisements

About George

I'm interested in theology, languages, translation and various sorts of fermentation.
This entry was posted in Jams and Jellies and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s