Batch 75 (It’s An English Bitter)

Finished Product

Finished Product

Earlier this week I did the final racking, priming (DME, about half what the recipe said since bitter’s aren’t really known for much in the way of carbonation) and bottling of the English Bitter that has been underway the last month or so. Yesterday, I took the time to label it. This time its intended recipient can tell what it is, instead of guessing! Came in at ~5.1% ABV. It’s not like I can be hyper-accurate, so I rounded to the nearest half degree.

I also used this opportunity to finish labeling the carbonated mead (made with just a hint of caramel malt), which had been sitting around the office unlabeled since May. I did make one mistake, and forgot to switch out the batch number. They now both appear to be batch 75!

Finally Labeled

Finally Labeled

Advertisements

About George

I'm interested in theology, languages, translation and various sorts of fermentation.
This entry was posted in Beer, Mead and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s