Well, importing was not altogether successful. So apologies if things seem amiss.
For one, it appears that not all media got imported. There are very noticeable misses. Just, odd. Second, all post links still point at the old blog! And third, all slideshows (which point at the media id, not the url) are entirely broken. I noticed at least one which, comically, points to an existing image on the blog, but the wrong image.
So, I tested out an import of just a couple of media files (two that were missed, one that was already moved properly), just to see what would happen. The two missing moved properly this time, and the one already existing was not duplicated. So far, so good.
Let’s try with the full media set…